Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Day 12 goes down in the top 10 of the best days I have ever had in the Mud Puddle! It was incredibly cloudy but the wind was perfect. Wave after wave of groups of fragmented mallards were doing it over the trees and back stroking in our face. My throat and lips hurt like a poor man on pay day. We called ducks to the water all morning long. My dog Hammer is dead tired and can hardly walk from all the retrieving. I think I will give him the day off tomorrow. Probably the most callable mallards I have ever seen come down the river in one morning. Unbelievable!!!! It was truly one of those days I will never forget. We killed a full 7 limits of mallards and 8 gadwall totaling 36 for the day. I love to get that limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment